Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tournament Report 8/15/09

Tournament report today.

I didnt bring anything good to the place because I didnt expect a tournament.

Anyhows this is quickly how it went:

Format was something random, but resembled a swiss round.

I ran: Junk and Debris(Space)

Round 1: VS SalvoDAD

OO

First game had me thinning my deck by 15 cards on turn 1. Then ending with 5 cards in my hand and Synchro on the field.

Second game synchro spam reigns. I could have DDB burned him to death, but I didnt.

So why is it called a top tier deck in the TCG? Im baffled. But then again first impressions.

Thoughts: They spelt my name wrong. My name isnt "For I Am Veda".
Though, that would be damn badass name.

2nd Round: VS Elemental Hero(LimGQ)
XX
Opening hand: Debris Dragon, Pot of AvariceX2, Convert ContactX2. Would be great if my next draw was a foolish burial and not heavy storm.

2nd game was just bad topdeck into CoSR.

Good game LimGQ

3rd Round: VS Six Samurai Turbo.
XOX
It was suprising to see a deck such as Six sam run as fast as Junk and Debris. All 3 rounds finished before others
had finished their rounds.

Thoughts:
Allure gambit is stupid. Dont do it. Even for the lulz.
Solemn Judgement is a pain.
Unity of Family + Six Samurai United + United We stand + Mage Power + Nisashi = Ouch
Crush Card Virus was win. Revive Porter dont synchro shoot CCV.
Good draws on both parties. Last round was a close call. Should I have survived to the next turn I could have topdecked out a Red Dragon Archfiend. But I didnt.

Round 4: VS Geminis
OO

First round: Applied beatdown with Synchros was fun. Super fast synchro summoning drew quite some attention. Topdecking into Chaos Sorc and then DAD was sure fun.

Second Round: Applied Beatdown until he was at 1000 life. He topdecks a Brain Control and uses it, even though he cant win.
Good spirit.

Thoughts:
Mist wurm is the solution to al your Gemini problems. Bouncing them to hand is real fun.

7 comments:

  1. About the Salvo Dad, people seriously do not understand the concept. I am not sure if your opponent did, the deck is suppose to be around 80% stall. Drawing cards with Valleys to obtain your copy of dad (Through Sarc or just getting lucky and drawing it.) Then follows up with Dad+Dsf for game with heavy/trunade/cold wave to push it through. It can easily BRD a couple of times while stalling with Roar, Valley, Dekoichi, Scapegoat.

    As well the rest of the deck should be synergistic draw (Machine Dupe, D Hero's, D Draws, Allures, Sometimes Reckless)

    Most people I know netted Adam or something and played the deck horribly. Trying to gain advnatge early and win with synchros. Its a losing strategy imo, the goal is to not die...using as few resources as possible and then pull of the 2 card combo for game.

    Other than that, fun fun. Nisashi winz games. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rauze did you know your Six samurai opponent told me he was freak out and he is really impress on your J&D deck build . As he(Shaun) quoted in cantonese: omg his deck combo is crazy, its like fast and synchro without cost and lots of drawing that speeds up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the SalvoDAD u faced 1st round wasn't salvoDAD at all. he don't have DDB and more importantly he doesn't have DAD. its just SalvoDADless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ermmm i'm confused lol... i tot Hdlam and LimGQ are from Malaysia, so did you go to malaysia or did they come to Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LGQ: Ok then. No wonder it didnt run well. I thought SalvoDAD because of the few cards I saw.

    @Lauren: Take a wild guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rauzes, u visited Malaysia is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. back@Rauzes : you took him out too fast!!

    ReplyDelete